Brahmi Ghritam is a very famous Ayurvedic formula, in herbal ghee form. This formulation has ghee as its base. It is used for preparatory procedure for Panchakarma and also as medicine, mainly for treatment of improving intelligence, learning skills and speech.
Brahmi Ghrita benefits:
It is widely used in improving learning skills, intelligence, memory, speech. It is also used in the treatment of skin diseases, epilepsy and female infertility.
Effect on Tridosha - Calms Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Brahmi Ghrita suggested dosage:
quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually administered with warm water.
People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
Synonyms: brahmi ghrita, brahmi ghritam, brahmi ghrit, brahmi ghritham
Brahmi Ghrit Ingredients:
Brahmi – Bacopa monnieri juice extract
Ghrita (clarified butter made from cow milk)
Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
Shweta and Krishna Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
Danti – Baliospermum montanum
Shankhapushpi – Clitorea ternatea
Nripadruma – Cassia fistula
Saptala – Acacia sinuata
Krumihara – Embelia ribes
Food to avoid and have with Brahmi Ghrita -
1. It is better to drink hot water soon after taking Brahmi Ghritham.
2. It is best to avoid cold water / cold food stuff soon after taking this ghee.
3. While taking this ghee, better to avoid excess of garlic and onion and excess of non veg food. (to improve Sattvik nature of mind)
4. Vitamin E Rich food like almonds, sunflower seeds, Fortified cereals, Nuts, Vegetable oils, peanuts, Cooked spinach, Tomato, turnip greens, peanut butter, wheat germ, Avocado
5. Fish oil, soyabean are some of food that are good to take.
Please Note * Product will be selected from any of the following
Brands / Companies depending upon availability:
1. Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal
2. Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates
3. Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, Coimbatore
4. Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala
5. Kerala Ayurveda